Friday, September 19, 2014

Dispatches from Renegade Craft Fair

It's almost officially fall, which means I officially have permission to start holiday shopping. This might seem a) a touch neurotic, and b) a tad preemptive. But for me, the quest for gifts is also an opportunity to find inspiration for my own projects. And yes, update my home/wardrobe (or both).

Last weekend, my little sister and I braved the rain and trekked to Williamsburg for Renegade Craft Fair. Despite the water sloshing off the tents and the unfortunate feeling of wet sneakers, we managed to buy some gifts from grateful vendors and avoid catching colds. 

Here are some items I particularly loved for technique and use of materials:


Simply Curated
Hand poured, 100% soy wax scented candles in vintage glassware - Great scents and glamorous gold details.
Check out their Kickstarter!



S.L.S (Shanya Lewis Stuff)
100% vegetable tanned leather bags - I especially like the hand-punched details and unexpected color combinations.

 Old Blood
Eclectic handmade jewelry - the brand name is a little macabre but I really enjoy the matte blue/green patina.

Sugar Weather Textiles
made of organic cotton hand-dyed indigo strips  - a lot of love went into these pillows!
ABJ Glassware
Handmade terrariums with metal accents and decorative glass pieces - ethereal and modern.


No comments:

Post a Comment